Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager II
Company: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: January 21, 2023
OverviewMission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages
and operates the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S.
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). Our MISSION is to
help ensure the security of the United States and its allies by
providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response
capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and
integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the
Sites Cold War legacy. Our VISION is to be the user site of choice
for large-scale, high-hazard, national security experimentation,
with premier facilities and capabilities below ground, on the
ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique capabilities.)
Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support employees are called
upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on some of the more
difficult nuclear security challenges facing the world today. In
this environment, the best ideas need to be voiced and every
opinion matters. As such, MSTS places great value on Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a diverse and equitable
workforce, with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the
diversity of our people, talents, ideas, and perspectives.
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries
and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a
pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays;
relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location);
tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more.
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc. NNSS COVID-19 attestation
ResponsibilitiesWe are searching for a Talent Acquisition (TA)
Manager who will provide overall leadership for the Talent
Acquisition function including staff management, full lifecycle
employment, recruiting all levels of personnel for numerous
locations, talent-related university and outreach programs, and
business consulting. The successful candidate will take ownership
of and continuously improve a recruiting strategy that includes a
high level of service and employment satisfaction as we grow.
Experience managing and mentoring high-functioning talent
acquisition teams is a must, driving operational excellence and
enhancing individual performance. You should have experience
understanding business growth strategies, providing input from a
resourcing perspective, and developing and implementing strategies
to attract, engage, and retain talented people to support the
business. This is a hands-on role based in our North Las Vegas
Nevada Office. Key Responsibilities
- Must be able to lead, energize and influence a wide spectrum of
people internally and externally to execute talent strategies.
- Apply subject matter expertise with internal and external
workforce trends to evaluate workforce plans, identify gaps, and
propose solutions to management.
- Provide a high level of energy, a powerful work ethic, and open
participative hands-on approach to execution of duties and
- Motivate, develop and lead department staff; mentor and consult
with others as a talent acquisition subject matter expert.
- Responsible for the development and execution of a strategic
plan linked to our MSTS/NNSS mission, vision, and goals in
partnership with business leadership and Finance and Project
- Add value by enabling, advising, and influencing the
implementation of both core and strategic future talent staffing
solutions that fulfill the needs of the business.
- Stay abreast of trends and workforce availability, identify
potential opportunities and gaps, gather relevant insights to stay
at the forefront of talent best practices, and recommend marketing
strategies to target skilled candidates nationwide.
- Develop appropriate processes, policies and practices to manage
talent acquisition throughout the organization.
- Foster strong working relationships with Human Resource
leadership team colleagues and NNSS leadership teams.
- Provide oversite of the Talent team programs to include the
Student Program and year-round internships, University Outreach
programs and partnerships, and talent pipeline programs.
- Manage or implement diversity recruiting initiatives where
appropriate to create and maintain an environment of equal
employment opportunity and competitive advantage.
- Ensure a comprehensive branding and communications strategy is
in place to support employer branding and the MSTS value
proposition, in partnership with Public Affairs.
- This is a results-oriented position that resolves issues and
- Design and develop effective measurement and evaluation
processes to monitor talent effectiveness and organizational
capabilities; enable the reporting and communication of analytics,
statistics, metrics and trends to evaluate the effectiveness of
talent programs to all relevant stakeholders.
- Participate actively in National Nuclear Security
Administration joint recruiting activities.
- Manage staff performance process, expectations, and
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements;
preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing
variances; initiating corrective actions; managing
recruitment-related support activity expenditures and
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and
ensure legal compliance.
- Perform other duties assigned by Management. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience, plus a
minimum of 14 years of related and progressively responsible
experience within corporate talent acquisition functions, with
demonstrated leadership of recruiting teams; five (5) or more years
of this experience must be directly related to recruiting and
sourcing highly technical/engineering positions.
- Previous high-tempo full-time recruiting and sourcing
- Three (3) years of relevant demonstrated leadership of talent
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or other recognized Recruiting Certifications
- Previous experience with the Department of Energy, Department
of Defense, or U.S. Government Contract Industry preferred.
- Previous experience in Corporate level talent management
- Experience recruiting in multiple geographic locations.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing resourcing
strategies to meet workforce plans and needs.
- Ability to foster positive relationships, speak persuasively,
and communicate successfully verbally and written, in person and
remotely, and at all levels.
- Must have strong consulting skills and the ability to
positively influence, motivate, and coach at all levels.
- Ability to effectively deal with conflicting deadlines,
frequent interruptions, and multiple tasks with minimal
- Ability to work non-standard working hours to meet
organizational requirements may be required.
- Ability to identify and engage professionals at all levels and
from a range of disciplines.
- Proven success applying proactive recruiting strategies using
non-traditional recruiting methods.
- Hands-on experience developing and maintaining talent pipelines
- Ability to change recruitment directions and priorities
proactively based upon changing business-critical needs.
- Experience using Recruiting Platforms, with specific
proficiency in LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with multiple applicant
tracking systems (ATS); experience with iCIMS or Oracle HCM is
desired. Any experience with ATS migration and implementation is a
- The primary work location will be at the Losee Road facility in
North Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Work schedule for this position will be 4/10s, Monday Thursday
(subject to change).
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. MSTS is required by DOE
directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background
review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law
enforcement records, and employment/education verifications.
Applicants offered employment with MSTS are also subject to a
federal background investigation to meet the requirements for
access to classified information or matter if the duties of the
position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or
illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity,
serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can
cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in
the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent
termination of employment. In addition, Applicants for employment
must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security
clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship, at least 18 years of
age. Reference DOE Order 472.2
, Personnel Security. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e.,
of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security
clearance may be impacted. Department of Energy Q Clearance
(position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the
absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4
, Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites, will be
conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal
background investigation, required to participate in subsequent
reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for
access to classified matter. Successful completion of a
counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a
counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be
required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709
, Counterintelligence Evaluation Program. MSTS is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free
workplace. Annual salary range for this position is: $140,753.60 -
$225,201.60.Starting salary is determined based on the position
market value, the individual candidate education and experience and
internal equity. Posted Date2 months ago(11/15/2022 10:48 AM)Job
ID2022-4811of Openings1CategoryHuman ResourcesTypeFull-TimeLocation
: CityNorth Las VegasLocation : State/Province (Full
Keywords: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC, North Las Vegas , Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager II, Accounting, Auditing , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!