Senior Administrative Specialist
Company: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: May 15, 2023
Overview:Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages
and operates the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S.
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). Our MISSION is to
help ensure the security of the United States and its allies by
providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response
capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and
integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the
Sites Cold War legacy. Our VISION is to be the user site of choice
for large-scale, high-hazard, national security experimentation,
with premier facilities and capabilities below ground, on the
ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique capabilities.)
Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support employees are called
upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on some of the more
difficult nuclear security challenges facing the world today. In
this environment, the best ideas need to be voiced and every
opinion matters. As such, MSTS places great value on Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a diverse and equitable
workforce, with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the
diversity of our people, talents, ideas, and perspectives.
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries
and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a
pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays;
relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location);
tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more.
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.NNSS COVID-19 attestation
requirements: Responsibilities:Supply Chain Management is seeking a
Senior Administrative Specialist to support the Supply Chain Deputy
Director and staff. Key Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating and directing office management
activities to ensure implementation of MSTS policies, directives,
- Effective prioritizing, managing and coordinating the Deputy
Directors schedule and calendar, and planning travel making
necessary logistical arrangements, and maintain report submission
- Drafting and/or preparing communications and presentations
while keeping the Deputy Director optimally organized.
- Must demonstrate mature judgement required to interface with
senior leadership, government personnel and external
- Providing administrative support to Deputy Director of Supply
Chain and backup support to Director of Supply Chain as
- Handling, preparing and staffing sensitive executive
correspondence including but not limited to letters, schedules,
spreadsheets, presentations, and reports.
- Attendance at meetings to record, note take and maintain action
items and other pertinent information when required.
- Collect, assemble, and analyze requirements to meet the needs
of the Supply Chain organization.
- When assigned, complete and execute special projects in support
of the Supply Chain Management.
- Work independently on non-recurring and ongoing projects with
follow up to Supply Chain Deputy Director in a timely and efficient
- When assigned, act as project manager for Supply Chain special
- Perform a wide variety of activities related to key business
and technical processes, programs, and projects.
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion and judgment in performing
work and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Develop internal and external relationships as needed to
perform work effectively.
- Act as a liaison with other organizations and outside agencies,
including coordination of processes for handling confidential and
- Prepare status reports, activity reports, and quantitative
- Keep informed about technical trends and developments in
government, economic, scientific, and other fields related to
division and Supply Chain mission objectives.
- Assist in evaluating business effectiveness of Supply Chain
processes and formulate recommendations for solving problems,
addressing issues, and improving work group effectiveness.
- Practice discretion and judgment in performing work and
conducting evaluations of Supply Chain process effectiveness.
- Maintain regular contact with diverse personnel including
DOE/NNSA, user agencies, and other operating departments to provide
assistance, coordinate office management activities, and execute
- Recommend effective control systems relative to implementing
administrative policies and procedures within the Supply
- Initiate changes required to implement improvements.
- Provide guidance to students, interns, contractors and other
support personnel, as a mentor or as a team/project leader.
- Develop budget estimates and justifications.
- Analyze existing and proposed reports for reporting methods and
procedures and assist supervision in work force planning
- Assist in ensuring adherence to established personnel policies
relative to the requisitioning, transfer, reclassification,
performance evaluation, and termination of Supply Chain
- Direct office operations, including record files and mail
distribution, reproduction, supplies and equipment services, and
clerical training responsibilities.Qualifications:Due to the nature
of our work, US Citizenship is required for all positions.
- Bachelors degree in related field and at least 5 years of
applicable professional level experience.
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of applicable
administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply knowledge of principles, concepts and theory
related to the Supply Chain discipline, including the ability to
address issues and define and resolve problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise considerable discretion and
judgment in performing work and conducting evaluations of
- Essential to have strong written and verbal communication
skills and excellent time management skills.
- Possess the ability to apply knowledge and experience to
resolve problems and compose technical correspondence and
- Ability to prioritize and schedule multiple activities in the
most efficient manner to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with all types of people in a tactful,
professional, and effective manner while screening and maintaining
- Ability to remember applicable policies, procedures,
terminology, schedules, personnel, and other administrative
- Expert/Advanced computer skills and proficiencies with software
applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including
the ability to retrieve data from Oracle systems and
- The work location is our Losee Road facility in North Las
- Work schedule for this position will be 9/80 with every other
Friday off. The schedule is subject to change.
- Pre-placement physical examination and background check, which
includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance
abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.Ability to obtain a
HSPD-12 Personal Identity Verification credential under the
Department of Energy Order 206.2, Identity, Credential, and Access
Management, and Supplemental Directive NNSA SD 206.2,
Implementation of Personal Identity Verification for Uncleared
Contractors. MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a
background screening, drug-free workplace. Annual salary range for
this position is $75,046.40 - $112,569.80. Starting salary is
determined based on the position market value, the individual
candidate education and experience and internal equity.
Keywords: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC, North Las Vegas , Senior Administrative Specialist, Administration, Clerical , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...