Company: Nikkiso Cryo Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Nikkiso Cryo, Inc., is one of the worlds foremost suppliers of submerged motor liquefied gas pumps. We offer unmatched reliability, quality and safety. As part of the Nikkiso Company global organization, our original technologies provide our customers with the confidence in knowing they are receiving the latest technology and the highest standards of engineering available.
We are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada and we offer a full range of submerged pumps for LNG, LPG, LEG, LN2, liquid propylene and many other liquefied gases. With design, production and test facilities in both the United States and Japan, sales offices in Las Vegas, Houston, London and Tokyo, Nikkiso Cryo offers prompt, total support for all of our customers worldwide. For more information please visit www.nikkisocryo.com.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Business Development, the Applications Engineer prepares proposals including pump and equipment selection, review of customer specifications, development of costs and coordinating with other departments to establish proper criteria for proposals. The Applications Engineer is also responsible for developing processes and procedures to improve the proposal process and to help with cost reduction and other essential processes.
- Prepares proposals to include pump and equipment selections, scope of supply, technical deviations against customer requirements, costs and all other proposal requirements based on the customers request for proposal
- Works with NCI Engineering to ensure proper selection of products being quoted
- Works with other departments to ensure quotes are submitted that meet NCI Company requirements for equipment delivery, documentation, testing and any other technical requirements
- International and domestic travel to support customer meetings when required
- Works with Sales Directors and other sales personnel to ensure customers are provided with required information
- Communicates with customers directly to answer technical questions and respond to bid clarifications
- Oversees proposal activities and ensures timely submission of proposals
- Attend meetings and provide support for improvements in the proposal and sales process, sales database, and all other related activities
- Provide support for marketing activities with respect to proposal data, product improvements and product development
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Experience in bidding/proposal preparation and the ability to read and understand bid/proposal specifications, both from a technical and commercial perspective
- Must have superior customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat is required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, positive attitude and a service leadership philosophy
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player
- Able to demonstrate a high level of integrity, work ethic and accountability
- Experience with SolidWorks is preferred.
- Experience with ERP (Encompix) systems strongly preferred
- Ability to tabulate statistical data and compile necessary reports
- Candidates will be required to show a driving abstract with a clean driving history for travel between the NCI facility locations and client offices as required. A valid drivers license is necessary.
Work Environmental and Physical Demands
- In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls
- Overtime may be necessary as the work load dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs may be required
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply
- A valid driver's license is required for travel between the NCI facility locations as required
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.
Environmental Safety Requirements
- New Employee Safety Training is required by all newly hired employees, including Safety Awareness
- All safety related training is provided and tracked by the EHS Director
- Job specific training modules deemed necessary by employees Manager or Director will be required of all employees on an ongoing basis
Employees are required to wear Nikkiso provided PPE as/when needed. PPEs include, safety shoes, safety glasses, face shields, FR clothing, cryogenic gloves, cryogenic apron, cut resistant gloves, safety gloves, hearing protection, hard hats & dust masks. Failure to comply with Nikkiso Cryo safety requirements will result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
Experience and Education
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years professional experience
- Must have prior pump experience
- Specific industry experience is strongly preferred
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience that provides an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be accepted.
Keywords: Nikkiso Cryo Inc., North Las Vegas , Applications Engineer, Engineering , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!