Company: Nikkiso Cryo Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Nikkiso Cryo, Inc., is one of the worlds foremost suppliers of submerged motor liquefied gas pumps. We offer unmatched reliability, quality and safety. As part of the Nikkiso Company global organization, our original technologies provide our customers with the confidence in knowing they are receiving the latest technology and the highest standards of engineering available. We are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada and we offer a full range of submerged pumps for LNG, LPG, LEG, LN2, liquid propylene and many other liquefied gases. With design, production and test facilities in both the United States and Japan, sales offices in Las Vegas, Houston, London and Tokyo, Nikkiso Cryo offers prompt, total support for all of our customers worldwide. For more information please visit www.nikkisocryo.com. Position Summary:Provide technical problem resolution and support product testing services. The Test Engineer oversees the product specification and design and also supports technical product testing..
- Design product tests and analysis
- Ensure that product meets quality standards
- Measure and record relevant factors
- Design optional operating and equipment maintenance guidelines
- Work closely with Test Technicians to test all aspects and features of products
- Creates test cases that functionally verify content as well as previously existing functionality
- Identify and document defects consistently and clearly with the development teamKnowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Direct industry knowledge of cryogenic pumps
- Prior experience as a Test Engineer, or a similar role
- Experience working with inferential statistics
- Familiarity with industry safety requirements
- Experience working with, or around, high voltage and/or high current test systems
- Knowledge of power analog and power distribution systems
- Ability to generate test development schedules and execute to those schedules in support of product development programs
- Effective communication and organizational skills to coordinate efforts between various departments including Design, Quality and Manufacturing Work Environmental and Physical Demands:
- In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls
- Overtime may be necessary as the work load's dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Candidates may be required to show a driving abstract with a clean driving history for travel between the NCI facility locations and client offices as required. A valid drivers license is necessaryEnvironmental Safety Requirements:
- New Employee Safety Training is required by all newly hired employees, including Safety Awareness
- All safety related training is provided and tracked by the EHS Director
- Job specific training modules deemed necessary by employees Manager or Director will be required of all employees on an ongoing basisEmployees are required to wear Nikkiso provided PPE as/when needed. PPEs include, safety shoes, safety glasses, face shields, FR clothing, cryogenic gloves, cryogenic apron, cut resistant gloves, safety gloves, hearing protection, hard hats & dust masks. Failure to comply with Nikkiso Cryo safety requirements will result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.Experience and Education:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar program
- 5+ years experience in a similar roleThe knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience that provides an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be accepted. PI105499178
Keywords: Nikkiso Cryo Inc., North Las Vegas , Test Engineer, Engineering , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!