Company: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Overview:If you're looking for an interesting, fulfilling
career, you've come to the right place!At Mission Support and Test
Services, LLC (MSTS), we're a dynamic team of employees who manage
and operate the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), formerly
known as the Nevada Test Site. A premier outdoor, indoor and
underground national laboratory for unique, high-level experiments,
the NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada;
Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and
Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico. We're dedicated to working
together as a team to keep our nation safe. Join us!MSTS is a
limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International
Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and HII
Nuclear Inc.Responsibilities:This position reports to the Stockpile
Experimentation Operations-Technologies Material Studies and
Diagnostic Research Manager.Key Responsibilities
- Perform technical and personnel activities for the Signal
Processing and Applied Mathematics group. Conduct research and
development, perform analysis, and mentor as needed to meet NNSS
Stockpile Stewardship mission requirements.
- Provide technical and functional leadership for technical
employees supporting the MSTS Stockpile Stewardship mission.
- Execute and supervise technical execution and advancements in
signal processing and data analysis while nurturing the careers of
technical staff, orchestrating growth opportunities, and ensuring
task completion in an R&D environment.
- Recruit and develop technical staff, ensure the MSTS safety
concept, and communicate job expectations while maintaining
resource and financial objectives.
- Develop departmental goals and strategic plan and manage the
organization to that plan.
- Conduct research related to departmental objectives.
- Serve as an SME to company-internal and external scientists and
engineers and management.
- Remain active in technical community including through
publications, presentations, and professional committees
- Creates an environment where employees feel safe to raise
issues, empowered to address issues, and supported to resolve
- Demonstrate environment, safety, health, and quality leadership
and consistently enforce environment, safety, health, and quality
policies and procedures. Implement applicable environment, safety,
health, and quality requirements; emphasize the safety of each
employee, and the protection of equipment and property in area of
responsibility. Take immediate action to correct reported or
observed unacceptable environment, safety, health and quality
conditions and/or behaviors. Assure that appropriate procedures,
training, equipment, warnings, and tools are provided to employees
to permit work to be performed safely.
- Promote and actively participate in the Mission Support and
Test Services, LLC (MSTS) safety concept. Support and encourage
employee participation in MSTS environment, safety, health, and
quality initiatives.Qualifications:Due to the nature of our work,
US Citizenship is required for all positions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience, plus a
minimum of 11 years of related and progressively responsible
- Demonstrated experience to apply the knowledge, skills,
abilities, and competencies required to successfully perform the
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow staff.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and completing action
plans, maintaining project documentation, and ensuring appropriate
visibility of project status.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
presentation design and delivery skills.
- Ability to lead and guide a diverse team of resources, which
may include cross functional, matrix resources, students, and
subcontractors to foster an atmosphere of collaboration and
- Strong analytical, technical and organizational skills with
ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced time-constrained
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively develop and
manage the organization's strategic outlook.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.Department of Energy Q
Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and
tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part
707.4, "Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites," will be
conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal
background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must
meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which
may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may
also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, "Counterintelligence
Evaluation Program."Eligibility Requirements - To obtain a
clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years
of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, "Personnel Security."MSTS is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening,
Keywords: Mission Support and Test Services, LLC, North Las Vegas , Manager I, Executive , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!