Safety Manager - Wheeler
Posted on: April 5, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Safety Manager who has a
passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional
security setting. Who We Are: CoreCivic is the leading, national
provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention
management services, providing effective programs that enhance
public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security
facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a
deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a
responsibility to better the public good. What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care! The Safety Manager is
responsible for promoting and encouraging a safe and
environmentally sound culture. They ensure facility safety
compliance and keeps abreast of relevant health, safety, sanitation
and environmental policies, laws, regulations, and codes. Also they
provide technical guidance to management recommending corrective
action and preventive measures as required.
- Establish and lead programs to evaluate and monitor safety,
health, and environmental practices ensuring compliance with all
applicable company policies, customer contracts, federal, state,
and local regulations/codes. Promote a zero injury/illness safety
- Interface with regulatory agencies, safety committee members,
and facility staff to address concerns and formulate corrective
- Design and conduct safety training for facility staff and
inmates/residents. Ensure staff training and corrective action
follow-ups are completed.
- Monitor contractor safety activities to ensure services are
performed in accordance with company guidelines, regulations and
code to maintain the safety and security of staff,
inmates/residents and facility.
- Lead and ensure completion of job hazard assessments, fire
drills, facility reviews, routine inspections, and safety audits.
- High School diploma, GED certification, or equivalent is
- One year of safety, fire and life safety, health and
environmental, or risk management experience is required.
- Additional education in safety, environmental health,
industrial hygiene, risk management, or other related field may be
substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year
- OSHA 511 certification is preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability and be willing to complete any
required fire/safety training or other additional training.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software
applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least--18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-FreeWorkplace & EOE including
Disability/Veteran. CoreCivic has partnered with RecruitiFi for all
of our agency submissions. If you are an agency recruiter
interested in helping us hire, please click here to be a part of
our agency network.
Keywords: CoreCivic, North Las Vegas , Safety Manager - Wheeler, Executive , Alamo, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!