Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: September 18, 2022
OverviewMission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages
and operates the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S.
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). - Our MISSION is
to help ensure the security of the United States and its allies by
providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response
capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and
integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the
Sites Cold War legacy. - Our VISION is to be the user site of
choice for large-scale, high-hazard, national security
experimentation, with premier facilities and capabilities below
ground, on the ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique
capabilities.) Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support
employees are called upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on
some of the more difficult nuclear security challenges facing the
world today. - In this environment, the best ideas need to be
voiced and every opinion matters. - As such, MSTS places great
value on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a
diverse and equitable workforce, with an inclusive culture that
values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas,
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries
and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a
pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays;
relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location);
tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more. -
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.NNSS COVID-19 attestation
Quality/Contractor Assurance organization is looking for a highly
qualified Manager III to support and oversee the Quality Assurance
-Operations team conducting quality operations on the Nevada
National Security Site. - -Key Responsibilities
- Conducts strategic and tactical management planning.
- Acts as senior level advisor to peers and management team on
issues that affect company performance and business
- Manages the budget and other financial measures.
- Develops Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics for review and
- Manages administrative, cost, schedule, and performance of all
functions; evaluates critical issues/impacts, and determines
- Establishes policies that provide the framework for subordinate
managers to operate effectively in achieving NNSA/NSO,
program/project, and other customers' business objectives.
- Actively assists in defining technologies, competencies, and
skill bases required to develop and accomplish services.
- Develops coordinated long-range programs, plans, and budgets in
accordance with Company policy and objectives and coordinate
functional capabilities through long-range planning so the
NNSA/NSO, program/project, and other customers' present and future
requirements are satisfied.
- Promotes organizational learning concepts and provides
leadership that encourages continuous improvement in cost
reductions and enhancements in the performance of NNSA/NSO,
program/project, and other customers' missions.
- Establishes clear responsibility and accountability for
carrying out requirements. -
- Anticipates risks and assures risks inherent in operations are
identified, controlled, or transferred.
- Provides necessary funding, support and guidance to subordinate
supervision to achieve and maintain safe and healthful working
- Creates an environment where employees feel safe to raise
issues, empowered to address issues, and supported to resolve
- Demonstrate environment, safety, health, and quality leadership
and consistently enforce environment, safety, health, and quality
policies and procedures. Implement applicable environment, safety,
health, and quality requirements; emphasize the safety of each
employee, and the protection of equipment and property in area of
responsibility. Take immediate action to correct reported or
observed unacceptable environment, safety, health and quality
conditionsand/or behaviors. Assure that appropriate procedures,
training, equipment, warnings, and tools are provided to employees
to permit work to be performed safely. Promote and actively
participate in the Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS)
safety concept. Support and encourage employee participation in
MSTS environment, safety, health, and quality initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience, plus a
minimum of 17 years of related and progressively responsible
- Must be innovative and have good problem solving skills.
- Breadth of experience and ability to inspire and motivate
others to perform well.
- Ability to negotiate creative and innovative solutions.
- Ability to enhance productivity.
- Ability to exercise clarity and directness in all forms of
- Ability to improve and promote excellence.
- Ability to delegate work assignments and monitor delegated
activities to closure.
- Ability to clearly set expectations
- Ability to make quality decisions.
- Ability to dealing with ambiguity and conflicting
- Must have a Corporate Perspective.
- Must have Business Acumen.
- Must have Organizational agility.
- Must have Comfort with all levels of employees, from front line
to executive leadership.
- Must have Intellectual horsepower in their area of
- The primary work location will be at the Losee Road facility in
North Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.MSTS is required by DOE
directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background
review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law
enforcement records, and employment/education verifications.
Applicants offered employment with MSTS are also subject to a
federal background investigation to meet the requirements for
access to classified information or matter if the duties of the
position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or
illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity,
serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can
cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in
the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent
termination of employment. In addition, Applicants for employment
must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security
clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship, at least 18 years of
age. Reference DOE Order -472.2, Personnel Security. If you hold
more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country),
your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
-Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this
level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as
defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at
DOE Sites, will be conducted. -Applicant selected will be subject
to a Federal background investigation, required to participate in
subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility
requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion
of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a
counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be
required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, Counterintelligence Evaluation
Program. - -MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a
background screening, drug-free workplace. - - - -
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, North Las Vegas , Manager III, Executive , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!