Database and Data Analytics Team Manager I
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: November 21, 2022
OverviewMission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS) manages
and operates the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) for the U.S.
National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). Our MISSION is to
help ensure the security of the United States and its allies by
providing high-hazard experimentation and incident response
capabilities through operations, engineering, education, field, and
integration services and by acting as environmental stewards to the
Site's Cold War legacy. Our VISION is to be the user site of choice
for large-scale, high-hazard, national security experimentation,
with premier facilities and capabilities below ground, on the
ground, and in the air. (See NNSS.gov for our unique capabilities.)
Our 2,750+ professional, craft, and support employees are called
upon to innovate, collaborate, and deliver on some of the more
difficult nuclear security challenges facing the world today. In
this environment, the best ideas need to be voiced and every
opinion matters. As such, MSTS places great value on Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion and is committed to a diverse and equitable
workforce, with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the
diversity of our people, talents, ideas, and perspectives.
- MSTS offers our full-time employees highly competitive salaries
and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision; both a
pension and a 401k; paid time off and 96 hours of paid holidays;
relocation (if located more than 75 miles from work location);
tuition assistance and reimbursement; and more.
- MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.NNSS COVID-19 attestation
Information Technology department is seeking a high performing
individual to manage their newly formed Data Engineering Team.Key
- Managing data engineers, data modelers, DBAs, and analytics
professionals executing operational activities, develop strategies
for improvements, monitor service tickets, serve as an escalation
point, and maintaining communications to users concerning system
- Oversee efficient management of databases supporting critical
- Design and develop quality process and procedures to ensure
effective availability, definition, and integrity of data
- Work with data stewards to define data rules, develop reference
data and master data to support business initiatives and
- Develop and maintain documentation on execution of the
processes and data including data lineage, metadata, and required
data governance outputs.
- Ensure compliance to Enterprise Data Governance policies and
standards while defining the data definition and data quality
framework for Master Data Management.
- Collaborate with the data owners from the line of businesses
(LOB) to define data transformation and data integration rules in
the formation of enterprise dashboards.
- Identify and propose new data sources to enhance the breadth
and quality of the data captured and processed.
- Maintain necessary processes, controls, and procedures to
ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to business stakeholders
in making decisions related to data rules.
- Develop and present professional quality presentations and
demonstrations to both engineering and business stakeholders on
system strategy, design, and project progress.
- Promote to the Enterprise the use of decision support tools
(data virtualization, analytics & reporting).
- Management of team capacity, talent, learning & growth, and
- Actively engage subject matter experts, directors, and
functional experts to further our self-service goals.
- Create an environment where employees feel safe to raise
issues, empowered to address issues, and supported to resolve
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience, plus a
minimum of 11 years of related and progressively responsible
- Preferred: Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or
related field, or equivalent training and experience, plus a
minimum of 11 years of related and progressively responsible
- 5+ years of data management and data analysis experience
- Must have management experience, preferably supervising
database and data analytics teams.
- Strong background and understanding of enterprise information
management, including metadata, reference data, data quality, data
lineage practices and big data solutions.
- Prior experience with data warehouse technologies, ETL, and
- Expert and proven experience with SQL programming.
- Experience in enterprise data governance to design, develop and
document data related policies,standards, procedures, and
- Working knowledge of Python, SAS, R and other analytical tools
- Working knowledge of Denodo and PowerBI including DAX is
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Grid, RMAN, OEM, RingMaster
and TDE is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Exadata infrastructure is
- Working knowledge of Oracle EBS environment is plus.
- Working knowledge of Weblogic a plus.
- Understanding of SLAs and KPIs required.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- The following are skills, knowledge, and behaviors the
potential candidate shall demonstrate and be proficient in:
- Problem solving
- Client relations
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning
- Organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong leadership and project management skills are required to
appropriately prioritize resource assignments and de-conflict the
tasks of multiple requests being approved and worked
- Must be innovative and willing to lead technical efforts and
work with functional team members and managers to implement and
maintain required system functionality.
- The primary work location will be at the Losee Road facility in
North Las Vegas, NV.
- Work schedule for this position will be 4/10's, Monday-Thursday
(subject to change).
- Personnel may be requested by leadership to work in excess of
40 hours per week due to projects, activities, and emergences;
critical operational demands may occasionally require off-shift
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing
- Must possess a valid driver's license.MSTS is required by DOE
directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background
review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law
enforcement records, and employment/education verifications.
Applicants offered employment with MSTS are also subject to a
federal background investigation to meet the requirements for
access to classified information or matter if the duties of the
position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or
illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity,
serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can
cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in
the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent
termination of employment. In addition, Applicants for employment
must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security
clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship, at least 18 years of
age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, "Personnel Security". If you hold
more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country),
your ability to obtain a security clearance may be
impacted.Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared
to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal
drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, "Workplace Substance Abuse
Programs at DOE Sites," will be conducted. Applicant selected will
be subject to a Federal background investigation, required to
participate in subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the
eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which
may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may
also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, "Counterintelligence
Evaluation Program."MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a
background screening, drug-free workplace.Annual salary range for
this position is $115,148.80 - $184,246.40.Starting salary is
determined based on the position market value, the individual
candidate education and experience and internal equity.
Keywords: Msts, North Las Vegas , Database and Data Analytics Team Manager I, Executive , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!