Fuel Transport Regional Manager
Company: ALPHA TRANSPORT
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Oversees truck logistics and driver personnel in their assigned market/territory. Responsible for the performance of the drivers and of the market.
- Determines daily route structure for each driver to maximize revenue for each piece of equipment
- Serves as the main troubleshooter when operational driver problems occur
- Contacts customers on a timely basis to update them of shipment status and other related issues
- Continually monitors hauled products for quality control
- Focuses on business development, which includes broadening the customer base through cold calls and customer or employee referrals
- Develops employee schedules that ensures each employee is productive while at work, while also taking into account days off, sick days, holidays, etc.
- Responsible for employee retention within department
- Provides day to day supervision of employees in respective area of responsibility
- Maintain equipment maintenance schedules and develop relations with maintenance and tank shops
- Dispatch area on main dispatchers days off
- Manage safety functions directed by safety manager for area: performs IPOs (Incident Prevention Observation) and DORs (Driver Observation Report), gathers incident statements for incidents and injuries
- Staffs, screens, interviews and hires drivers for market
- Manages and reconcile ELD conflicts
- Updates and Maintains journey plans for assigned region
- Provides PPE (personal protective equipment) and orders uniforms for employees
- Ensures new driver training is properly conducted and documented
Must be willing to cover days off, vacation, and sick time for drivers.
Will work closely with our dispatch team.
Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Active Commercial Driving License with HazMat, Doubles/Triples and Tanker Endorsements preferred
High School Diploma or equivalent
Excellent understanding of logistics
Excellent understanding of the commercial driving industry
Excellent understanding of both federal and state DOT laws
Ability to lead employees and manage their day to day performance
Ability to work closely with customers and provide excellent customer service
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite programs
Ability to use different computer systems to complete job duties
Ability to properly prioritize multiple needs or demands and determine what should be escalated
Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining professionalism
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to multi-task
Accessible by cell phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergencies and able to respond to dispatch needs within reasonable time
Keywords: ALPHA TRANSPORT, North Las Vegas , Fuel Transport Regional Manager, Executive , North Las Vegas, Nevada
here to apply!