Capital Projects Engineering Manager II
Company: Link Technologies
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Capital Projects Engineering Manager II
- N. Las Vegas,NV
- Link Technologies (LinkTechConsulting.com), is currently
seeking a Capital Projects Engineering Manager II for a position in
Las Vegas, NV. This will be an onsite, contract opportunity. Must
be a U.S. Citizen - no exceptions.
The Engineering Department seeks a proven leader to serve as
Capital Projects Engineering Department Manager. The Manager in
this role will provide direct ownership and accountability for all
aspects of large-scale capital line-item projects for Engineering
through close collaboration with the Project Execution Office,
Procurement, and Construction. This Manager is responsible for
direct management of assigned Engineering Project Engineers,
meeting Project Engineering design deliverables, ensuring the
technical adequacy and completeness of designs, planning and
supporting engineering priorities, as well as checking deliverables
for compliance to codes, standards, and company processes. The
manager in this role should be able to maintain a high level of
detail, work well with technical personnel, and be capable of
overseeing execution of complex projects with little oversight. The
Capital Projects Engineering Department Manager will report
directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Provide daily oversight, technical and administrative direction
to three or more Project Engineers.
- Daily responsibilities as an Engineering Manager include but
are not limited to:
- Management and oversight of daily execution of projects and
- Interface with program and construction personnel as
- Provide technical and professional guidance to staff
- Interpret processes/procedures along with codes and
- Determine and coordinate technical training
- Ensure the office environment is proper for engineering work,
and engineering activities are executed consistent with DOE 414.1D,
ISO 9001 requirements, and ASME NQA-1 where appropriate.
- Provide support to the development of metrics and monthly
reviews, participate in audits and assessments from the client and
other external and internal organizations. Prepare reports and
presentations for management, actively engage with customers to
address issues/requests, and coordinate with project managers on
project priorities to assign resources for projects.
- Develop proposals to fund expansion of engineering
capabilities, tools and technologies. Review company and DOE
processes, procedures and orders to ensure compliance. Have a full
understanding of nuclear facility safety analysis, operations, and
interface requirements. Perform duties as a Discipline Checker and
perform duties as a Project Engineer.
- Write, evaluate, and oversee staff augmentation and task order
contracts. Ensure subcontract staff adheres to company
requirements. Coordinate subcontract security, network, and
logistical requirements, as well as review and approve invoices for
subcontracts and materials.
- Assist in transitioning projects from Engineering, into the
procurement phase, and through the construction phase, including
all necessary Title III support.
- Exercise considerable discretion and judgment in performing
work and conducting evaluations of operation/process effectiveness.
Initiate changes as required to implement process improvements.
Work with other work groups, outside agencies, customers/sponsors,
and suppliers, as required to effectively execute projects and
- Develop relationships with clients, project stakeholders, and
Architect Engineer firms as needed to perform work effectively.
Provide guidance to students, interns, contractors and other
support personnel as a mentor or as a team/project leader.
- Monitor group performance against metrics and goals, perform
employee performance evaluations and work with employees to develop
- Support business reviews, information requests, data
collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure project management processes, such as cost, schedule
control, baseline management, risk management, subcontract
management and integration, earned value management, variance
analysis, and estimate completion development and monitoring are
appropriately implemented by personnel within their Project
- Embrace and model the Company values and expected behaviors
with a commitment to operational excellence. Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience, plus a
minimum of 14 years of related and progressively responsible
- Experience in project and/or design engineering for nuclear and
non-nuclear applications is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years supervising engineering staff
- Registered Professional Engineer - preferred.
- Demonstrated experience to apply the knowledge, skills,
abilities, and competencies required to successfully perform the
- Knowledge of Integrated Safety Management policies/procedures,
related performance documents, organizational structure, current
energy executive orders, and federal energy management goals and
- Ability to work under general direction, with guidance as
required, to ensure project/program objectives are met and business
policies/strategies are appropriate.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
on technical and non-technical topics.
- Ability to enhance productivity and performance through
appropriate mentoring and training.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations and monitor delegated
activities throughout closure.
- Knowledge of NNSA missions and technologies, weapons systems
development, weapons engineering, and stockpile management.
Familiarity with DOE/NNSA sponsors, partners, stakeholders and NNSS
customers is desired.
- Must be innovative and have good problem-solving skills.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Link Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by
- Click to Apply
Keywords: Link Technologies, North Las Vegas , Capital Projects Engineering Manager II, Executive , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...