Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description Hourly Wage Estimate: $16.12 - $23.37 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of
candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
salary may include your specific skills, how many years of
experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the
range.IntroductionAre you passionate about the patient experience?
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with
purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career
as a(an) Medical Assistant today with CareNow.BenefitsCareNow,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Medical Assistant. We care for our
community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues
donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply
Today!Job Summary and QualificationsAs a Medical Assistant, you
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment by taking
patient histories and vital signs
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments for
your patients including preparation and maintenance of supplies and
equipment for treatments, including sterilization
- Give injections, and assist with lab testing and phlebotomy
- Assist physicians in applying splints, dressings, and
- Assist with transfers and scheduling of follow-up care
- Coordinate patient physicals and work place injuries for
- Screen incoming calls for referral to physicians and
practitioners You Should Have:
- 1+ year of experience in a clinical patient setting is
- Experience using an EHR system is very helpful
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assisting or
completion of an approved program (BOTP) is required
- Certification from the American Association of Medical
Assistants (AAMA) is helpful
- The ability to obtain a Federal Breath Alcohol Screening
Certificate and Federal Drug Screening Certification within 30 days
of start preferred The CareNow Urgent Care Clinic hours of
operations are: Monday through Friday from 8am - 9pm, Saturday 8am
- 8pm, and Sunday 8am - 5pm. You must have the flexibility to work
during those hours.CareNow delivers quality, convenient,
patient-centered urgent care with unparalleled service. We are in
more than 100 urgent care clinics around the United States. We are
committed to staffing our clinics with the most qualified and
experienced providers. Our providers are dedicated to improving
lives and leading the charge in urgent care medicine. Our
physician-guided focus is centered on providing extensive
resources. And we provide support to our growing CareNow physician
team. Our doctors and medical staff are trained in family practice,
emergency medicine or internal medicine. We offer a wide range of
primary and urgent care services for the entire family. CareNow is
an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Medical Assistant opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, North Las Vegas , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!