Gastroenterologist wanted in Las Vegas
Company: Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Las Vegas VA is seeking to hire a Gastroenterologist to join
our dynamic team! Scope of practice for the gastroenterologist to
include, but is not limited to:
- Provides direct patient care for inpatients and outpatients
with actual or presumed GI, biliary, hepatic, etc. problems.
- Provides outpatient care, inpatient care, and procedural
- Provides patient-centered medical care utilizing both the art
and science of medicine.
- Provides high-value, cost-effective, and team-based medical
- Demonstrates ability to teach medical students, medical
residents, GI fellows, and other students who rotate on the
- Demonstrates ability to participate in clinical research and
other academic activities as assigned.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills that enhances the
effectiveness and accomplishments of the service.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that are
commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Participates in hospital and medical staff activities such as
accreditation requirements, quality assessment, quality improvement
projects, committee assignments, EPRP activities, lean activities,
ORYX, HEDIS, SAIL measures, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to function within the parameters set by
VA with regards to consult management, utilization of order sets,
documentation in CPRS, and other requirements of the VA's
electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrates ability to function within a large complex
organization that requires cooperation with multiple services,
including community care, prosthetics service, medical
administration, medical records, group medical practice, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.Work Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday
- FridayWe offer:
- Competitive pay based on training, experience, and local labor
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort
- No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal
holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health Insurance (Dental & Vision supplemental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility - Relocate without loss of benefits,
vacation, or pay
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment
reimbursement program up to $200,000
Keywords: Department of Veteran Affairs, North Las Vegas , Gastroenterologist wanted in Las Vegas, Healthcare , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!