Field Service Engineer
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Arcata is hiring a Field Service Engineer for their Tonopah, NV
location.Under the direction of the E&I Manager, the Hardware
Field Engineer performs routine evaluation, sustainment, design,
and modification for a variety of radar and Electronic Warfare (EW)
systems, sub-systems and components. This position works in remote
locations with a team consisting of operators, technicians, and
engineers. Work assignments will vary and priorities focus on
mission support and the systems that must be functional to support
those missions.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with RF Engineers and O&M personnel to coordinate the
activities involved in the sustainment of existing threat and EW
- Supports systems integration by working with project teams and
vendors to field systems ensuring the following elements are
- Identify and document system level requirements for range
integration to include power, communication, instrumentation and
command & control.
- Validate existing power, communications, instrumentation and
command and control (C2) by working with other engineers.
- Develop processes and procedures that will support training and
technician competency to operate and maintain equipment.
- Recommends and conducts testing, equipment modifications, and
recommends corrections to design deficiencies through evaluation of
operational capability of systems/equipment and review of
performance data against standards.
- Research, plan and support the design and modifications of
existing and new threat and EW systems.
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals,
specifications and manuals to determine the feasibility of design
- Troubleshoot and effectively resolve system issues that
involved working with technicians and vendors.
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance and supports
operations when tasked.
- Capable of providing reports, status, and records activities in
a maintenance management system.
- Performs other related duties as required. Qualifications:
- Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of related radar, electronic and data
processing/control systems involving fielding, integration and
- Knowledge and understanding of current engineering practices
- Apply the principles and techniques of electrical engineering
design to specific projects.
- Ability to manage projects/tasks efficiently and
- Ability to provide technical direction to other engineers,
technicians and support personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully in both oral
and written form.
- Write and prepare a variety of technical reports, manuals and
other types of written communications.
- Ability to be self-motivated to complete tasks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively multi-task on
multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to manage client and stakeholder expectations to
effectively set and deliver on commitments.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security
- Must have a valid drivers license. WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL
AND MENTAL DEMANDS:Must be able to work in a field environment with
work at remote locations. Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb
ladders, towers and equipment to a minimum of 50 feet. Must have
and maintain a valid driver s license. Must have strong computer
and organizational skills. The ability to travel as required by the
company. Ability to work odd shifts, long hours, weekends,
holidays, changing shifts, and overtime. Must possess the ability
to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
other team members and those contacted in the performance of
required duties. Associated topics: automotive, breakdown,
calibrate, equipment, field service technician, maintenance,
millwright, repair, troubleshoot, upgrade
Keywords: Arcata, North Las Vegas , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Tonopah, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!