SharePoint and SQL Server Administrator
Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: June 12, 2019
All jobs SharePoint and SQL Server Administrator
SHAREPOINT AND SQL SERVER ADMINISTRATOR
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States * NEPS * 573
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a
SharePoint and SQL Server Administrator in North Las Vegas, NV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
The Computer Systems Analyst III will serve as the SharePoint and
SQL Server Administrator is the primary SharePoint Administrator
that will provide support to include installing, configuring,
upgrading, and enhancing; integration with other applications,
systems, and databases in particular SQL Server (front-end and
back-end troubleshooting); managing services, and helping and
training business users. This administrator is also the backup to
the SQL Server DBA and applications administrator.
This position provides support to internal customers and external
project participants for Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SOL Server
databases, and other supported applications. This includes but is
not limited to:
* Conducting annual assessments of the current SharePoint setup to
identify opportunities for improvement, and plan enhancements
and/or upgrades accordingly. This will be coordinated with the
* Planning the application updates as required and working with the
Network Administrator to maintain the server.
* Responsible for all functionality (front and back end), and
services of SharePoint.
* Manage all SharePoint sites, permissions, user accounts, etc.
* Provide technical support to functionality such as workflows,
crawling, indexing, etc.
* Working with users to enhance their Share Point websites
utilizing out of the box functionality.
* Keeping up with all required documentation.
* Maintaining relevant Desktop instructions and procedures. Strong
documentation skills is a must.
* Work closely with the Senior OBA and cross train to be the SOL
* Support other applications as directed by the manager.
* Manage IT tasks/projects from initiation to completion.
* Plan and accomplish goals as required by the business.
* A minimum of 5 years on-the-job experience in systems to include
Microsoft SharePoint and SOL Server support and administration.
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Information
Technology field, and/or related certifications is required.
* Working knowledge may be substituted for degrees or
certifications based on the discretion of the hiring manager.
* Under limited supervision has the ability to work with broad
objectives, with latitude to determine the best way to accomplish
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint (2013 and newer) to
include all facets of the application.
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (2014 and newer) to
include Transact-SOL (T SQL)
* Knowledge of Internet Information Services (IIS).
* Knowledge of computer systems, networks and specialty
* Basic knowledge of computer programming languages, techniques,
* Skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to
interpret broad strategic requirements, and to develop and execute
plans to satisfy them.
* Ability to have a major impact on organizational success and
productivity, with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
* Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
* Ability to lead a task or project.
* Ability to train and mentor other staff members.
* Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication
skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform
essential functions of the job.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply for this job
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., North Las Vegas , SharePoint and SQL Server Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!