Company: Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
US-NV-North Las Vegas
The Warehouse Clerk is responsible for verifying and keeping
records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for
- Accurately complete final shipping documents, including export
paperwork as needed
- Direct contact with drivers to ensure proper outbound
information is accurate to complete sign out process
- Handles a wide variety of paperwork including purchase orders,
return authorizations, delivery notes and other shipping
- Reviews all delivery notes for special instructions and
highlights them for material handlers
- Prepares all special labels for customer orders
- Provides information to customer service representatives when
- Schedules inbound and outbound loads
- Provides timely and professional communication with carriers,
3rd party logistics companies and internal/external customers
- Maintain appropriate records, files, documentation and resolve
- Utilizes various screens in SAP to print pick lists, confirm
and post orders as well as determine order information such as
carrier, ship date, pro number, etc.
- Ensure orders are shipped in time to arrive by customers
requested delivery date
- Works with the internal customers to document and track carrier
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying
opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+
years of related experience and/or training.
- Previous experience working in a Shipping Office where
processing of customer orders was completed is highly desired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of administrative functions such as
planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling.
- General knowledge of shipping procedures would be helpful.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to operate a computer, phone and other office
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime,
weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions
(non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related),
working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne
particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production area.
- Must be able to sit for virtually the entire shift.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and
assist others when lifting is required.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods,
Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a
global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are
dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly." and have made us
one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two
decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious
commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We
believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have
donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in
need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands,
such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others.
For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect
with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to
workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Inc., North Las Vegas , Warehouse Clerk, Other , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!