About Operations Technology
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for
our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver
tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide,
every day. OpsTech IT provides 24x7 global IT support to Amazon
Operations, including Fulfillment, Sortation, Logistics, and Last
Mile. We also provide operational support on behalf of key partners
including Amazon Fulfillment Technologies, OpsTech Infrastructure
Engineering, Amazon Robotics, Amazon Warehouse Control Systems, and
Together, we take ownership for what we do - whether supporting
IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a
new Amazon Fulfillment Center, or delighting our customers by
delivering packages directly to them.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With
unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our
teams are consistently inspired, constantly learning from each
other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. You
will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time. We value
See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new
challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles
we face. Your role as a leader will be to confront obstacles others
avoid and create a team that embodies our leadership
About the Role
This team is experiencing rapid growth as we expand our North
American Fulfillment Center (FC) network. In this role you will
provide coaching, mentoring and guidance for a diverse team of
managers and engineers. You will travel to many FCs to meet members
of the team, learn about the business first hand and develop
relationships with General Managers and Senior Operations leaders.
You will regularly manage large, cross-functional projects and
interact with software developers, executives, vendors and other
You will be leading a team of IT professionals with various
skill sets to provide truly innovative technical support to
Amazon's Operations team who fulfill our customer promises millions
of times a day. The technology varies between our different
facilities, but Amazon's core IT infrastructure is fully redundant
and relies upon top tier vendor hardware networked over fiber
optic, copper, and wireless topologies. Your internal customers,
whether human, robotic, or mechanical, use mobile computing
devices, thin clients, integrated computer, and PCs running
Windows, Linux, and Android operating systems to virtually and
physically move ecommerce items from our suppliers into our
fulfillment centers shelves, from those shelves into packaging,
those packages into cars, trucks, and airplanes for delivery to
front doors around the world. Key responsibilities include:
- Hire, train, and develop a team of IT professionals.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a
safe work environment for all associates.
- Interact with management and staff to provide technical
assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
- Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with
operational partners and staff.
- Lead infrastructure builds in new facilities.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day
technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer
service issues, approvals, and installations.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain team's ability to meet or exceed
contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and processes.
- Oversee management of equipment and parts inventory.
- Create, manage, and support recognition and communication
- Travel up to 60%.
We are committed to developing a diverse organization and we are
even more committed to working with you to make that happen.
Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in
physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable
accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each.
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist
and above the head.
- Frequent walking in the facilities that can be over a quarter
mile in length
- Standing and walking during shift lasting up to 12 hours a
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways.
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages, including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20
weeks of paid parental leave. If you're not in it for those perks,
here is one more: we don't wear suits and ties! Come as you are
because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest
will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos's most recent letter to
shareholders sums it all up pretty well. Find it at
- 5+ years' experience managing technical teams
- 7+ years' experience managing managers
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 60%.
- Bachelor's degree or 6+ years relevant professional, industry
or military experience.
- Previous IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management or
IT Business Operations experience.
- Motivates others by creating a climate in which people want to
do their best
- Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and
- Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted
- Availability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity
and use good judgment in stressful situations.
- Must be bias for action, innovative and able to dive into the
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or Master's Degree in a technical discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.