STORE NON FOOD MGR
Company: Dollar General
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision, manage the Non-Food Department and
the total store when designated as the Manger on duty. Ensure
efficient and effective inventory management, appealing and
profitable merchandise presentation and quality customer service.
Ensure a safe working environment and provide protection for
company assets according to required procedures. Provides support
to other managers as requested.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- When manager on duty authorize and sign for refunds and
overrides; count register; ensure money is deposited in bank.
- Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through
strict cash accountability, key control, and adherence to company
security practices and cash control procedures.
- Manage store in Store Manager's and Assistant Manager's
- Assist Store Manager, and Assistant Manager as directed, in
providing training for employees.
- While responsible for the Non- Food Department and processes,
the Non-Food Managers specialized areas include:
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper stocking
of Non-Food products.
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper execution
of hourly recovery standards to model store standards.
- Assist Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in ensuring
adequate scheduling coverage. Assess work completion and follow up
with associates regarding performance.
- Record Non- Food Markdowns, while analyzing causes and taking
corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Assist in sanitation standards and training of all associates
assigned in the Non-Food area using the Cleaning Schedule.
- Assist in ensuring the execution of the stores 7 Day Workflow
Plan as it relates to stocking standards and (Find-Fill-Fix)
- Assist in ensuring the stores HHT is used as an investigative
device to prevent out of stocks as well as overstocks.
- Assist with the organization of the receiving area.
- Assist with ensuring all merchandise is presented according to
established practices and plans. Utilize merchandise fixtures
properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Assist with POG execution, pricing integrity to include price
changes, Was/Now, TRP, and Ad signs, as well as all Super Tuesday
pricing and signing execution.
- Assist with Tote Inventory Management processes.
- Minimize damages and markdowns, ensure accurate scanning and
paperwork, and follow inventory control procedures to maintain
accurate inventory levels.
- Assist with ensuring adherence to stated company security
practices and cash control procedures when supervising operations
in Store Manager's absence.
- Assist with ensuring that customers' needs and requests are
routinely addressed in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain
daily contact with customers to understand merchandise expectations
- Take a lead role in receipt and handling of new merchandise.
Ensure sales shelf preparation and organization of staging areas
for new deliveries. Direct and assist associates with unloading
trucks. Direct new merchandise according to plan. Efficiently
utilize storeroom square footage to stock reserve inventory. Ensure
proper rotation of perishable food items.
- Follow all prescribed and outlined cash handling procedures.
Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides. Count register.
Deposit money in bank. Assist with financial integrity of the store
through strict cash accountability, key control compliance, and
adherence to company security practices and cash control
- Assist with conducting safety meetings; help to maintain a
clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure
working and shopping environment. Assist in ensuring that all
equipment is functional and maintained to a required level of
safety and sanitation.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and
company communications. Assist Store Manager in ensuring employee
compliance. Complete all paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines.
- As requested by Store Manager, assist with entering payroll
information into computer and providing specific training for
employees. Backup Store Manager and/ or Assistant Store Manager in
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies
and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures
manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in
Work Experience &/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years of retail clerk experience.
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience
- Attainment of required local and state food handling
certifications, if applicable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: Dollar General, North Las Vegas , STORE NON FOOD MGR, Other , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!