Senior Nuclear Facilities Operations Specialist
Location: amargosa valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
If youre looking for an interesting, fulfilling career,
youve come to the right place!
At Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS), were a dynamic
team of employees who manage and operate the Nevada National
Security Site (NNSS), formerly known as the Nevada Test Site.A
premier outdoor, indoor and underground national laboratory for
unique, high-level experiments, the NNSS has offices across the
country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore,
California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New
Mexico.Were dedicated to working together as a team to keep our
nation safe. Join us!
MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell
International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
(Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.
MSTS is seeking a Senior Nuclear Facilities Operations
Specialist to support the U1a Complex.This position reports to the
U1a Complex Operations Manager, and will support the U1a Complex
- Access U1a Complex buildings and tunnels to conduct walk-downs,
inspections, and site-specific tours.
- Conduct and document Operator Rounds inspections for
surface/underground buildings, structures, and equipment, in
accordance with Conduct of Operations requirements.
- Utilize monitor and control systems to operate equipment and
systems and to monitor key parameters and
- Perform normal and emergency operation of equipment and systems
in support of facility operations.
- Assist with the update, revision, and maintenance of the U1a
Complex Conduct of Operations Matrix Applicability document.
- Lead the development, revision, completion and publication of
U1a Complex documents, including Standard Operating Procedures,
Abnormal Operations Procedures, plans, policies, organizational
procedures, primary and secondary Real Estate Operations Permits,
and other Authorization Basis documents.
- Assist with coordination and completion of facility documents
supporting Nuclear Weapons Laboratory subcritical experiments.
- Perform oversight, inventory, and coordination of processes
involving Material and Test Equipment, Quality Grade Materials, and
the MSTS Quality Material Tracking System.
- Provide support to U1a Complex Chemical Lifecycle Management,
Risk Management, and Fire Protection programs and initiatives.
- Assist with facility management assessments and observations,
including development of assessment plans and reports, and
coordination with the MSTS issues management process (caWeb) to
ensure that U1a Complex issues are effectively identified,
addressed, tracked, and closed.
- Coordinates and completes critical support activities at the
U1a Complex collaborating with external and internal partners to
attain desired success states and sustain operations during
- Assist with safety-based surface/underground formal workplace
- Assist with coordination of U1a Complex abnormal
events/emergency preparedness drills and exercises when
- Perform as the Local Emergency Director and/or Emergency Action
Team member at the U1a Complex.
- Interface with Laboratory, Operations, Engineering,
Maintenance, and Construction personnel at the U1a Complex;
interact with other MSTS organizations (e.g., Design Engineering,
Industrial Hygiene, Radiological Controls, Safety, Training, etc.),
as well as U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) personnel and external
- Perform other duties as determined by facility management and
- Accept individual responsibility and accountability for
environment, safety, health, and quality processes within personal
control, and support personal safety and the safety of
- Comply with established environment, safety, health, and
quality regulations and procedures.
- Perform assigned duties in ways that do not cause personal
danger, or endanger other individuals, or violate environment,
safety, health, and quality regulations.
- Promptly correct or report any hazards or potential hazards to
- Understand the principles associated with MSTS safety concepts,
goals, and initiatives.
- Participate and contribute to MSTS environment, safety, health,
and quality initiatives.
Due to the nature of our work, US Citizenship is
required for all positions.
- Bachelor's degree in field related to the position or
equivalent training and experience, plus at least 5 years of
relevant, progressively responsible experience which includes 2
years' experience in nuclear operations, engineering or
maintenance. Related experience must be in nuclear facility
operations, maintenance, engineering, radiation protection, safety,
nuclear training/qualification, conduct of operations, nuclear
operations, nuclear safety, and/or criticality safety. Examples
include nuclear operations, engineering or maintenance such as
those found at a DOE nuclear facility, commercial power plant, or
U.S. Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program.
- This position requires the ability to complete multiple tasks
within compressed and demanding timeframes.
- Must be proficient with a computer and Microsoft Office
- Must be capable of utilizing monitoring and control
- Must be able to work outside in cold temperatures during the
winter and extreme heat in the summer.
- Must be able to work in an underground facility.
- Must have excellent communication, leadership, and problem
solving skills to work in a fast paced environment with constantly
- Expected work schedule:
- Support night shift facility operations (Approximately 1600
hours to 0230 hours, per shift.)
- Work schedule is 5 days, Monday through Friday and will require
- Rotations between day shift and night shift Senior
NuclearFacilities OperationsSpecialistsmay be utilized.
- Shift differential premiums and straight overtime rates will be
utilized, when working the night shift.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
DOE Q Clearance(position will be cleared to this level). Reviews
and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR
Part 707.4, Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites, will
be conducted.Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal
background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must
meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which
may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may
also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, Counterintelligence
Eligibility Requirements To obtain a clearance, an individual
must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE
Order 472.2, Personnel Security."
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background
screening, drug-free workplace.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, North Las Vegas , Senior Nuclear Facilities Operations Specialist, Other , amargosa valley, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!