Recycling Center Maintenance Tech - $20 hourly
Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Recycling Center Maintenance Technician
performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact
heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive
operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to,
routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling
equipment (sorting screens, optical sorters, magnets, eddy
currents, etc), electrical systems, balers, conveyor systems and
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using chars, diagnostic software,
technical manuals and expertise.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment,
compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and
productive operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited
to, route maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, recycling
equipment, transmissions, electrical systems, engines, balers,
conveyor systems, and compactors.
- Repairs or replaces parts as directed by a work order system.
Completes field service reports in a work order system.
- Overhauls or replaces machine components and replace worn
- Communicates with supervisor and/or equipment operators for
clarification of problems. May discuss preventive techniques with
equipment users to minimize future repairs.
- Independently troubleshoot and maintain complex
- Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and
oil usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services
Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to standard
- May maintain, repair and install plumbing, electrical, HVAC,
odor systems, and negative pressure systems
- Installs and sets up new equipment and communicate with vendors
regarding maintenance schedules.
- Reads, troubleshoots and programs simple PLC instructions to
enhance plant monitoring and performance as requested by operations
staff or to support maintenance objectives.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with building maintenance, HVAC,
odor systems and negative pressure systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on equipment in a
manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
- PLC Programming experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- Certificate in electronic diagnostics.
- Minimum of 1 year of equipment maintenance and repair
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., North Las Vegas , Recycling Center Maintenance Tech - $20 hourly, Other , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!