Licensed Vocational Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN / LPN)
Company: Mission Pines Nursing
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender,
religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Organizes and directs assigned unit duties to provide quality
nursing care to residents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
- Responsible during the shift for the total nursing care of
residents in the assigned unit.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with Federal, State,
Local, and company regulations.
- Explains procedures and treatments and care plan to
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing techniques.
- Transcribes physician's orders.
- Charts progress notes in an informative, factual manner that
reflects the care administered as well as the resident's response
- Receives/gives report from/to nurse he/she is relieving/coming
on and records sufficient information and implements appropriate
follow-up action as necessary
- Follows established procedures for charting and reporting all
reports of incident/accidents for residents and employees.
- Conducts frequent rounds to evaluate effectiveness of care
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and
examination of resident.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of
- Observes resident, records significant conditions and
reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of resident's
reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs
to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of
- Responds to emergency situations based upon nursing standards,
policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Assists in completion of the care plans (acute and long term)
and is involved in the care conference as deemed necessary.
- Participates, reports to DON/ Administrator and conducts (as
appropriate) investigations related to any alleged abuse.
- Ensures that documentation is reflective of the care plan and
that the approaches on the care plan are being followed.
- Assures that assigned CNA's are aware of the resident care
plan, and ensure that the nursing assistant refers to the care plan
prior to administering care.
- Monitors that CNA's documentation is completed daily.
- Takes report form CNA's to facilitate accurate documentation in
resident medical record.
- Follows company policy and procedure in the event a restraint
must be utilized.
- Coordinates residents' rehabilitation program with therapists
to ensure 24 hour rehabilitation needs are met.
- Identifies residents at risk for nutritional problems and
implements preventative measures.
- Records new/changed diet orders. Forwards information to the
- Makes beds, bathes and feeds resident, when necessary.
- Assures documentation is accurately completed for admission,
discharge and transfer.
- Supervises and evaluates implementation of the "Resident's
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement
- Follows facility procedure requesting supplies and charges for
items ordered through Central Supply.
- Participates and attends periodic in-services and staff
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS
Current State of L VN/LPN with a minimum of 2 years related
experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good standing in the state registry is required.
Keywords: Mission Pines Nursing, North Las Vegas , Licensed Vocational Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN / LPN), Other , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!