Changing Lives Through Education!
Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated
students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an
accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by
caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in
cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
With multiple locations in Arizona and Nevada, Legacy
Traditional Schools offers excellent benefits and compensation
packages for staff providing student services for grades K-8.
Position is responsible for providing direct instruction using a
Back-to-Basics curriculum including Spalding (reading & writing),
Saxon Math, Science, and Social Studies.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
* Teaches Spalding (reading & writing), Saxon Math, Science, and
Social Studies, utilizing Spalding course.
* Follows lesson plans and instructional materials and provides
direct instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of
* Provides a safe structured environment, focusing on Patriotism
and Character Building, using a Positive Discipline Program.
* Evaluates students academic and social growth, keeps
appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
* Communicates with parents through conferences and other means
to discuss students progress and interpret the school
* Identifies student needs and cooperates with other
professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve
health, attitude, and learning problems.
* Maintains professional competence through in-service education
* Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator
to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in
conformance with guidelines.
* Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state
* Participates in curriculum development programs as
* Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of
* Positively interact with all students.
* Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to
* Capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and
school & state requirements.
* Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices
that effectively teaches the curriculum.
* Ability to identify individual student needs.
* Good communication skills with, students, coworkers,
administration and parents.
* Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school
* Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
* Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by
utilizing resources for professional development therefore,
improving the education that is provided.
* Preferred: Bachelors degree in Education
* Required: Bachelors degree
* Arizona Employees: * Arizona Department of Public Safety Level
One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
* Arizona Teaching Certificate (with appropriate certification
for grade or subject)
* Nevada Employees: * NV Fingerprint Background Check
* NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade
* Appropriately Certified in grade or subject according to ESSA
requirements and Department of Education
* The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a
criminal history background check.
* Must possess strong communication and organizational
* Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple
Work Environment and Physical Demands
* The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are
performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the
division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting
up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment
and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be
* Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in
front of the classroom; see and read a computer screen and printed
material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at
normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that
others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and
the ability to understand and follow oral and written