Company: Ansible Government Solutions
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Ansible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently
recruiting multiple Critical Care Registered Nurses (RN) to support
the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System located at 6900 North
Pecos Road, North Las Vegas, NV 89086. Multiple shift schedules are
available. Competitive PRN pay packages are available to qualified
The Critical Care RNs provide direct and indirect nursing care
in the following areas of assignment: Intensive Care Units,
Recovery Rooms, Cardiovascular Labs, Emergency Rooms, Operating
Rooms, and Gastro-Intestinal (GI) Labs. Critical Care RNs
contribute to assessing patients, setting priorities, identifying
therapeutic objectives and nursing measures, and evaluating
outcomes. Essential skills to this position are independent
judgment and nursing actions, flexibility, organizational skills,
and the ability to utilize an interdisciplinary approach in the
provision of nursing care.
Ansible is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in many arenas.
Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the fields of health
care, national security, and information technology. To address
these challenges, we employ intelligent and committed staff who
take care of our customers success as if it is their own.
The services of Critical Care Registered Nurses shall be
provided in accordance with the policies of the VA healthcare
system where assigned. The Critical Care RNs provide the following
- Provides critical care nursing to Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Performs scrub and circulating duties in the Cardiovascular Lab
and the Operating Room.
- Assists with the GI Lab procedures and demonstrates competency
in monitoring patients undergoing conscious sedation.
- Obtains patient history and pertinent family history.
- Assesses patient and plans appropriate nursing care.
- Documents plan of care and care given in patients medical
- Verifies transcription of Physician orders; no verbal orders
are to be accepted.
- Carries out prescribed Physician orders and documents inpatient
- Communicates pertinent patient data to the Charge Nurse and/or
Physician as appropriate.
- Re-assesses patients condition and revises plans-of-care based
on problems that are identified.
- Administers medications and Intravenous (IV) therapies.
- Possesses knowledge of actions and usual dosages of the most
commonly used emergency drugs and their location on the crash
- Assesses and documents patient responses to medications that
have been administered.
- Can interpret cardiac rhythms and their implications.
- Reorganizes and initiates the appropriate measures in
emergencies/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures that must
- Instructs patients and their families regarding prescribed
medications/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures that must
- Assesses patient/family knowledge level, implements plan of
instructions, and records the patients familys demonstrated level
- Operates defibrillator, electrocardiogram (EKG) machines and
cardiac monitors, and other emergency technical equipment.
- Cares for patients with Swan-Gans catheters, arterial lines and
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Can initiate life saving measures in the absence of
- Assures the content and correctness of a prepared report and
signs the document to validate its content.
- Maintains a neat personal appearance and maintains professional
- Consistently applies the VAs customer service standards, always
demonstrating helpful, courteous, and respectful conduct.
- Respects patient rights, including but not limited to visual
and auditory privacy.
- May accept a verbal order in compliance with the facility
- Intake and output of fluids assessed every shift, and more
frequently if indicated by specific standard nursing drug
- Reviews all laboratory data and electronic medical
- Can titrate medications.
- Can be responsible for feeding tubes which are aspirated for
gastric residue prior to every intermittent feed, and every four
hours for continuous tube feedings.
- Performs urinary catheter care by using soap and water cleaning
technique every 12 hours, or as required.
- Ensures that medication orders from the previous shift have
been noted and either carried out or transcribed onto the medical
- Must be able to rotate through the following areas and perform
associated functions of these areas: Catheterization Laboratory,
Cardiac Ambulatory Center (CAC), Electrophysiology (EP) Lab,
Interventional Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Lab, and
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nurse academic program
(BSN or ADN)
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in at least one state,
territory, or commonwealth of the United States or the District of
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Health Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life
Support (ACLS) certification
- Two (2) years of recent Critical Care RN work experience is
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ansible Government Solutions, North Las Vegas , Registered Nurse, Other , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!