Company: Kinross Gold
Location: Round Mountain
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Round Mountain is an open-pit mine located in Nevada, one of the
best mining jurisdictions in the world. The mine uses conventional
open-pit mining methods and processes ore by mill and heap leach.
The Round Mountain Phase W Project is now in production, with first
gold poured in May 2019.
Under the general supervision of the Mill General Foreman, the
incumbent is responsible for the safe and clean operation of the
mill and crushing process while continuously aligning daily
functions to reflect Kinross' values.
- Effectively report to the Mill General Foreman to ensure that
deficient conditions are brought to the attention of the mill
mechanical and electrical staff.
- Maintain the mill facilities in a clean and neat condition by
use of shovel, broom, wheelbarrow, hose and mobile equipment.
Gather up garbage and refuse and dispose of same in an acceptable
- Train for job duties of Mill Operator ST2 and fill in as
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including,
but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties
- Performs other related functions as assigned by
Education and Experience
- Must know some basic math and be able to use a simple
- Must be self-motivated, able to look around and find work that
needs to be done without having to be instructed.
- Must be able to sense developing problems with relatively
complex equipment in order to continually meet the downstream
customer's requirements and to ensure that catastrophic failures
- Experience in mineral processing or similar environment is
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited
understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing word
processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and
the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and
technical writing skills.
- Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the
United States on a full time basis.
- Requires valid driver's license.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory
Kinross Leadership Practices
- Creates an environment where nothing is more important than
every employee returning home safe and healthy every day.
- Creates an environment in which people are unfailingly treated
- Fosters the talent and potential of all employees by enabling
them to grow, develop, and make a difference in the
- Demonstrates that leadership in the areas of environmental
performance and community and stakeholder relations is fundamental
to the way we plan and manage our business.
- Holds self and others accountable for the decisions,
commitments, and behaviors required to deliver outstanding
- Uses judgment to manage business complexities, prioritize and
balance conflicting demands to make timely decisions that best
advance Kinross strategy.
- Models humility by going beyond self-interest for the good of
- Understands the economic implications of decisions and
consistently uses all resources effectively and efficiently to
maximize shareholder value.
- Relentlessly champions, develops and embeds best
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business
strategies that drive sustainable value.
Understanding and building relationships with external parties
that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business
decisions and customer relationships.
- Living the Kinross Values
Aligning behavior, decisions and actions with Kinross values and
This description is a general statement of required major duties
and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis.
It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Mill General
Career Framework and Level
US work permit required
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and
projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana
and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our
core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through
Keywords: Kinross Gold, North Las Vegas , Mill Utility, Other , Round Mountain, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!