Air Traffic Control Specialist Station
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: May 18, 2023
TEST SUPPORTNevada - Nellis AFB / North Las Vegas
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Job Summary - Essential Functions / Duties:
While working within a military tactical monitor and scheduling facility, schedules and monitors flight and ground activities within special use airspace and restricted ground areas as a non-rated technician. Interfaces with multi-governmental agencies and coordinates real time issues to provide successful mission outcomes.
* Monitors autonomous and tactical controlled aircraft activities within special use airspace, answering radio calls from entering and exiting aircraft, providing range status information, weather conditions and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in the vicinity using computerized tactical radar and air-to-ground communication systems. Determines and issues boundary, traffic and safety advisories to range users to preserve safety-of-flight and assist aircraft to remain within scheduled airspace. Documents the progress and flight activity of air operations from mission execution to completion using a computerized range scheduling system. Coordinates, validates, and de-conflicts for the safe usage of various air and ground weapons.
* Controls access and monitors movement of ground activities within restricted areas using computerized vehicle tracking and land mobile radio systems. Validates authorized range user access and electronically documents ground activities with a computerized database. Ensures ground area integrity and safety during air and ground weapon activities.
* De-conflicts range activities aligning them by designated priority and time constraints, ensuring established safety and security parameters are maintained. Oversees maintenance and implementation of various range schedules ensuring correct application of separation standards for simultaneous air-to-air, air-to-ground and ground-to-ground activities.
* Uses established policies, procedures and subject matter knowledge to complete assignments of high complexity that vary in nature and sequence. Receives, analyzes, deciphers and takes actions; notifying key personnel and distributes range incident information in a timely manner to various government agencies using a variety of electronic mediums. Coordinates actions during Search and Rescue and other emergency events, ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of information to military and governmental command authorities, and to local emergency response agencies for responsive decision making.
* Configures, operates and monitors air-to-ground radios, landline communications networks, computer terminals, informational display equipment, and computerized tactical radar displays in the management of range operations and assurance of range safety integrity. Troubleshoots and corrects computerized radio remote control and tactical radar display software and hardware failures to preserve system sustainability.
* When assigned, monitors trainee capabilities and provides daily or weekly feedback, as directed, to the trainer.
* Performs other related duties as directed by supervision.
* Four (4) years' experience in radar air traffic control operations and (2) years' experience in military (range) operations.
* Experience and comprehensive knowledge of air traffic control and range operation procedures, and ability to apply multi-range scheduling procedures.
Requirements - Education, Technical and Work Experience:
A high school diploma, or equivalent, completion of an accredited military air traffic control school or program 1+ years of experience in air traffic control operations at a civilian or military flight service installation, and 2+ years of experience in military (range) operations are required for this position.
In addition, an Air Traffic Control Specialist, Station employee must possess the following qualifications:
* Knowledge of Air Force, DoD, and FAA flight directives
* Detailed knowledge of procedures related to airspace structures, and the relationship and coordination required between components of the air traffic system
* Ability to communicate effectively with pilots in a variety of situations
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability to practically apply stringent operational safety and security guidelines
* Demonstrated general knowledge of computer operations, communication techniques, and an ability to function in a manpower-intense environment
* General knowledge of the performance characteristics of a wide variety of aircraft.
* Good visual acuity and the ability to discern all colors of the spectrum
* Ability to act decisively in emergency situations
* Skill to present essential information to pilots clearly, concisely, and quickly before or during flight
* Planning/organizational skills
* Ability to work under deadlines
* Ability to work shift work
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Work is primarily sedentary, performed in an office/airfield/tower environment. Some walking, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, stretching, and lifting (up to 25 pounds) is required. Prolonged use of a video display terminal and radio communications requires constant use of sight, speaking, and hearing abilities, and constant mental alertness.
Travel to remote company work locations may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
Tasking is in support of a Federal Government Contract that requires U.S. citizenship. Some jobs may require a candidate to be eligible for a government security clearance, state-issued driver's license, or other licenses/certifications, and the inability to obtain and maintain the required clearance, license, or certification may affect an employee's ability to maintain employment.
SCC: JOM68; A2NTTR
TEST SUPPORTNevada - Nellis AFB / North Las Vegas
Keywords: JT3, North Las Vegas , Air Traffic Control Specialist Station, Other , North Las Vegas, Nevada
here to apply!