Operations Support Specialist
Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: July 5, 2019
All jobs Operations Support Specialist
OPERATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States * NEPS * 599
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for an
Operations Support Specialist in North Las Vegas, NV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
The Operations Support Specialist will perform a variety of
organizational, coordination, and clerical functions, in addition
to any other duties/activities that are unique or specific to the
Navarro Program, project, or functional support area.
* Provide the primary interface with visitors, vendors, and
clients. Must be professional, pleasant, and display a positive
* Under general supervision, performs various tasks related to the
day-to-day business activities in support of one or more managers
* Ability to think strategically (helps in reviewing policies,
determining priorities and problem solving)
* Ability to perform duties and tasks that are complex and involve
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
* Competent Level of language, mathematical, communication,
reasoning ability and computer skills are necessary to perform the
essential functions of the job.
* Ensures final work assignments are accurate and reflects quality
* Assists in maintaining workplace productivity by providing phone
support, conference room scheduling and file management and
* This position may provide backup support for other Administrative
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent, with work experience that
provides a working knowledge of programmatic tasks, administrative
policies and procedures, and computer technology that support the
Operations Support Specialist job responsibilities. 1 -3 years of
work experience preferred.
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills with
proficiency in composition, proofreading, and grammar.
* Must be able to communicate and interface with multiple internal
and external customers and contacts.
* Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe
Acrobat, and other similar software applications.
* Must be able to cope with conflicting deadlines, frequent
interruptions, and multiple tasks.
* Familiar with a variety of administrative concepts, practices,
* Demonstrated knowledge of administrative functions, including
budget and financial functions.
* Must be able to successfully pass an entrance exam to demonstrate
skills and abilities required for the position.
* Ability to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of
problems and issues.
* Capable of following very detailed instructions in the processing
for badging, passes, and other documentation required for access
into the DOE/EM suite.
* Coordinates and maintains status of specialized documents,
records, and files directly related to management policies, general
business operations, and support of compliance with organizational
and DOE/EM regulations; and makes changes and updates as
* Ability to process detailed programmatic tasks by utilizing
research and analysis to develop and provide deliverables on
* Process purchase requisitions and maintain a monthly purchase log
in compliance with procedures.
* Must possess the ability to navigate within various databases to
track, maintain, and monitor consistent record keeping.
* Must possess the ability to develop presentation quality
spreadsheets from native files and various financial
* Ability to take direction from various levels of personnel within
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply for this job
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., North Las Vegas , Operations Support Specialist, Other , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!