Buyer / Contract Administrator
Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: August 8, 2019
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Buyer /
Contract Administrator in North Las Vegas, NV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
The Buyer II addresses internal and external customer(s) needs by
executing procurement and contract administration services in
support of the prime contract for DOE. Services are performed in
accordance with federal contract requirements and in compliance
with company policies and procedures.
Responsible for all phases of the procurement process (market
research, solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, award, invoice
payment, administration and closeout)
* Under general supervision, responsible for purchasing technical
services, complex field equipment, computer systems and software,
and various commodities. This includes both pre-award activities
and post-award administration.
* Advanced experience in the area of government construction (i.e.,
procurement methods, pre-solicitation conferences; bid bonds; wage
rate requirements, certified payroll, etc.)
* Develop and utilize basic acquisition strategies.
* Maintain effective communications with suppliers, subcontractors,
internal customers and the client.
* Develop and monitor acquisition plans for critical
* Manage procurement schedule in an effort to maintain a high level
of responsiveness to project needs and deadlines
* Generate reports, maintaining meeting minutes and/or support Data
Calls in relation to on-going or previous procurement
* Demonstrate a expert working knowledge, understanding and
experience in the related field.
* Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in
decision making and execution of responsibilities.
* Must have the ability to work independently with general
supervision to support established company-wide objectives.
* Competency of English language skills, mathematical skills,
communication skills both written and verbal, and computer skills
are necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
* Must be organized and capable of efficient time management.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Participate in procurement planning activities, development of
overall strategies, and source selection meetings.
* Responsible for Invoice approval, accruals and
* Develop/issue Solicitations, Requests for Proposals or Request
* When necessary, participate in and/or conduct negotiations; this
includes preparing Pre and Post Negotiation Memorandums and
obtaining applicable signatures.
* Complete all required file documentation (i.e., Justification for
Award Memorandums, Price and/or Cost Analysis Memorandums,
* Process Changes or Modifications to Purchase Orders and
* Responsible for coordinating shipping and receiving
reconciliation reports with appropriate stakeholders.
* Responsible for completing contract closeout activities.
* Support continuous improvement by developing tools that identify,
manage, track and analyze internal processes.
* Other duties as assigned
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., North Las Vegas , Buyer / Contract Administrator, Other , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!