Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Lead Electrical Estimator will be responsible for calculating the
cost of electrical construction by reviewing and evaluating
available documents and developing accurate, competitive, and
profitable bid proposals for a variety of electrical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and specifications, bid
documents, and other relevant project documents to identify what is
needed for a project and to create a bid proposal.
- Calculates the cost of electrical construction based on
reviewing and evaluating available documents.
- Analyzes projects for value engineering options while
considering specific job conditions that may affect labor and
material to be purchased and installed.
- Identifies any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other
problems in the bid documents.
- Identifies strategies to create bid advantages.
- Assures productivity by effectively managing his/her time.
- Establishes and maintains high performance and quality
- Prepares bid documents including specific scope letter for each
project, "Blue Sheets" and "Evaluations" with adjustments for
buy-outs, labor rate, productivity, etc.
- Reviews and evaluates bid documents to determine scope of work
and profitability for the Company.
- Anticipates potential problems; is proactive and acts before
potential problems become real problems.
- Prepares "RFI" questions to resolve conflicts and
- Requests material and equipment quotes from vendors and
equipment suppliers. Reviews quotes to confirm adherence to quote
requests and accuracy of quotes received.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with vendors and
- Assist in preparing budget pricing.
- May attend estimating/sales meetings, and project meetings to
discuss bid status, and present/solve problems.
- May perform job walks to ensure that any field conditions have
been observed that may affect the construction, may impact the
prospective bid, and/or may impact the pre-construction designs and
the build services.
- Keeps Company management, project management, clients, general
contractors, and all others involved in projects current on bid
- Manages preconstruction activities during the design phase on
design-build & design-assist projects.
- Assists on turnover meetings to operations team upon award of
- Assist in project pursuits and interviews as needed.
- Is a team player - a positive, well-organized, proactive force
to support profit and growth of the Company.
- Communicates effectively with office personnel, engineers,
architects, general contractors, customers, and team members.
- Is courteous and cordial to our customers.
- Ensures that the Company's best interests are represented,
including profitability and cost control.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management or
similar studies or high school equivalent combined with field
- A minimum of 5 years of electrical estimating experience on
commercial projects, 5 million and larger.
- Prior experience estimating multi-million electrical projects
in the industrial/commercial industry.
- Design/build experience required.
- Must be accurate, possess attention to detail and be proactive
in pointing out potential issues.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Expert level experience with MS Office.
- Experience with Accubid and Accubid LiveCount
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, this role may
require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or
stand to complete other administrative functions.
- This role operates in a professional office environment and
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
The information contained in the job description is for compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an
exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional
duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this
position and additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or
NV-Las Vegas (North Las Vegas)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Keywords: Bergelectric, North Las Vegas , Lead Estimator, Professions , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!