Controls Systems Technician
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: January 22, 2023
OverviewPOSITION SUMMARY -Elite Line Services provides world
class Maintenance Solutions under the umbrella of our parent
company Daifuku, an international leader in the Manufacturing and
Integration of Material Handling Equipment including conveyors,
sorters, pickers and robotics. - -We are looking for experienced
Control Systems Technicians to maintain and troubleshoot PLCs on
material handling equipment at our Clients Fulfilment Center
operations. -We offer: -
- Competitive wages plus a Shift Differential for overnights!
- Comprehensive Benefits that Start on Day 1 including Medical,
Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Paid Life
Insurance, 401k, Tuition Assistance, EAP, and Paid Leave! -
- Advancement Opportunities! -
- Training to work in a Cutting-Edge Fulfillment Center! -
- A Safety-First culture! -The Controls Systems Technician is
responsible for ensuring that Safety comes first in all efforts. -
This position will provide proper training to the Technicians on
device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance. - This position
will also be responsible for troubleshooting,
design/implement/document control solutions for material handling
systems and be on call as needed. - This position requires strong
project management skills, effective communication skills, be
self-directed and have the ability to multi-task and deliver
results in a dynamic environment.#ZRResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL
- Perform Allen Bradley (AB) PLC control level issue diagnosis
using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder
code change using Rockwell RSLogix family IDEs (5000
- Familiar with AB PLC processors (CompactLogix and ControlLogix
preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-AB
control systems such as OPTO, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS would be
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and
- Document control system and equipment configuration
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic,
ladder diagrams, control components photo eyes, motor starters,
relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo
drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachometers and
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read and
use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards,
counters, modules and devices) and communications modules
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and
directions to help them achieve their goals.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all
levels in the organization.
- Communication between ELS and vendors such as Intelligrated,
Cognex, SICK, and Fives.
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by
management from time to timeQualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Complete Associates Degree from an accredited university or
equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley (AB) PLC Control level issue
diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including
weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- 1 year of experience working with computers and Microsoft
Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel).
- High school diploma or equivalentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree in Electronic Technology (or similar).
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in Controls
- 2+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts,
variable frequency drives, DC drives and standard electrical
- 2+ years of experience with repair of control network
- 1+ years of experience with HMI components.
- 1+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- 1+ years of experience with Industrial electrical hands-on
experience and trouble shooting.
- Experience supporting a range of different conveyors and
- Project Management experience with the ability to train
- Experience with robotic maintenance.
- Experience with AB RS LOGIX 5000 (Allen Bradley) PLCs and PLC
- Experience with SCADA systems and KPIs.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and
verbally) with peers, management, vendors and customers.
- Self-motivated and customer-centric. -ADDITIONAL SKILLS &
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values
and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic
method of performing a task.
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
-Computer Skills: Basic Requirements:
- Advanced computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in
working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word,
- Proficient in installing and downloading programs.
- Troubleshooting a wide range of computer programs.
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting multiple types of
- Basic networking experience. -Preferred Requirements:
- None -Other Requirements: Basic Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all
tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times. -
-Preferred Requirements: -
- NonePHYSICAL DEMANDS -Lift/Carry Stand F (Frequently) -Walk F
(Frequently) -Sit O (Occasionally) -Handling / Fingering F
(Frequently) -Reach Outward F (Frequently)) -Reach Above Shoulder O
(Occasionally) -Climb F (Frequently) -Crawl O (Occasionally) -Squat
or Kneel F (Frequently) -Bend F (Frequently) -10 lbs or less F
(Frequently) -11-20 lbs F (Frequently) -21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
-51-100 lbs O (Occasionally) -Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
-Push/Pull 12 lbs or less O (Occasionally)13-25 lbs O
(Occasionally)26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)41-100 lbs N (Not
Applicable) -N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this
occupation. O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up
to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day) F (Frequently) Occupation
requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+
hrs/day) C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than
66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day) Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products
up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency;
facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that
may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending
ladders, stairs, etc.) -WORK ENVIRONMENT Works in a warehouse that
contains moving equipment and machinery. -ELS STATEMENTThe Company
has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential
functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to
provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability
to perform the position described. It is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities,
skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be
assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does
not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves
the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for
the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Additional ResponsibilitiesElite Line Services (ELS) is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to their race, color, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status,
veteran status or medical condition. If you are an individual with
a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation
as part of the employment selection process, please contact
Keywords: Daifuku, North Las Vegas , Controls Systems Technician, Professions , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!