Company: JT4, LLC
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: January 23, 2023
JT4 is hiring a Network Technician for their Las Vegas, NV
JT4, LLC provides engineering and technical support to multiple
western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint
Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. JT4
develops and maintains realistic, integrated test and training
environments and prepares our nation's war-fighting aircraft,
weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Operations and maintenance technician, working under general
technical guidance, who specializes in ground-based electronic
systems. Works on various types of electronic equipment and related
devices by performing a combination of the following: installing,
maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying,
construction and testing.
- Oversight, design, implementation, testing and maintenance on
network equipment and systems.
- Performs as the network lead on network field engineering
- Requires experience across different types of networking
equipment and associated technologies.
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN systems used to transmit voice,
data and video across digital and fiber optic WAN/LAN
- Requires a strong understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Ability to design and implement solutions in accordance with
commercial network standards.
- Experience with network layers 2/3 and TDM networking
- Experience with commercial carrier services and managing the
- Ability to manage, troubleshoot and repair physical and logical
- Experience with routers, switches, channel banks, digital
cross-connects and other network hardware.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience and skills with DC power systems, UPS, and
alternative power solutions.
- Experience with various encryption solutions.
- Experience with CISCO equipment and Cienna OTN systems.
- Experience with installation and management of network
- Network+ certification. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and
specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental
requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to
the employee's job.
Duties are performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor duties may
be performed on even or uneven surfaces, which may be dry or wet.
Outdoor duties may be performed on gravel or shingled roof.
Climbing stairs, ladders, towers, and scaffolds, indoors or
outdoors, is required. Government vehicle is used on an as-needed
basis. Grease or oil may be found on working surfaces. Ability to
work in a field environment with some shift work, at remote
locations with occasional overnight assignments. Must be able to
lift 50 lbs. Travel to remote working locations may be
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree or higher from an accredited college or
technical school with courses in math, basic electronics, and
microwave theory or a military equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge in general electronics and demonstrated
expertise in electronic, electro-mechanical, and computer systems
along with test equipment used to maintain and repair equipment is
- Experience with tubes, transistors, logic gates, and/or
high-power RF devices may be required.
- Successful candidates will have expert-level troubleshooting
and soldering capabilities.DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of persons so classified.
Tasking is in support of a Federal Government Contract that
requires U.S. citizenship. Some jobs may require a candidate to be
eligible for a government security clearance, state-issued driver's
license, or other licenses/certifications, and the inability to
obtain and maintain the required clearance, license, or
certification may affect an employee's ability to maintain
Keywords: JT4, LLC, North Las Vegas , IT Technician, Professions , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!