Company: Nikkiso Cryo Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Description: Nikkiso Cryo, Inc., is one of the worlds foremost suppliers of submerged motor liquefied gas pumps. We offer unmatched reliability, quality and safety. As part of the Nikkiso Company global organization, our original technologies provide our customers with the confidence in knowing they are receiving the latest technology and the highest standards of engineering available. We are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada and we offer a full range of submerged pumps for LNG, LPG, LEG, LN2, liquid propylene and many other liquefied gases. With design, production and test facilities in both the United States and Japan, sales offices in Las Vegas, Houston, London and Tokyo, Nikkiso Cryo offers prompt, total support for all of our customers worldwide. For more information please visit . Position Summary:Working within the NCI Operations department and reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations Technician performs tasks associated with the assembly and testing of cryogenic pumps. The Operations Technician also monitors production operations to identify dangerous and hazardous conditions.. Requirements: Essential Functions:--- Hydrostatically test parts in accordance with provided prints and the ITP/PTP--- Assemble parts and components in accordance with prints and drawings--- Assemble in-tank/ex-tank electrical assemblies according to provided drawings--- Disassemble pumps/components per schedule--- Assembled and install required instrumentation per Engineers design--- Prepare vacuum bagging for components and prepare pumps and components for shipment--- Prepare kits for shipment per bill of material--- Maintain a clean work area and strict supply discipline--- Notify supervisor or Operations Manager of shop supply requirements--- Maintain and utilize all company issued safety equipment--- Perform monthly strap and sling safety inspections--- Never lift any item over 50 pounds--- Report any safety concerns immediately--- Assist in test pad system change out per project drawings--- Install and remove pumps from test systemKnowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:--- Hands-on person ready to do manual work if needed--- Critical thinking and good decision-making skills--- Working knowledge and skills in engineering, technology and computers--- Direct industry experience--- Compliance with preventative maintenance systems for all facility vehicles, equipment, and tools--- Experience working in a similar role in a manufacturing environment--- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles--- Demonstrates sound organizational, coordinating, and personal interface skills--- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, and attention to detailWork Environmental and Physical Demands:
- In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- The job requires close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Overtime may be necessary as the workload dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an warehouse environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- Must have a valid drivers license for travel between NCI facility locations.In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.Environmental Safety Requirements:
- New Employee Safety Training is required by all newly hired employees, including Safety Awareness
- All safety related training is provided and tracked by the EHS Director
- Job specific training modules deemed necessary by employees Manager or Director will be required of all employees on an ongoing basisEmployees are required to wear Nikkiso provided PPE as/when needed. PPEs include, safety shoes, safety glasses, face shields, FR clothing, cryogenic gloves, cryogenic apron, cut resistant gloves, safety gloves, hearing protection, hard hats & dust masks. Failure to comply with Nikkiso Cryo safety requirements will result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.Experience and Education:--- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required--- Associates degree is strongly preferred--- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered--- 3+ years in a similar role in a manufacturing environmentThe knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience that provides an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be accepted.Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Nikkiso Cryo Inc., North Las Vegas , Operations Technician, Professions , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!