Company: Chelten House Products, Inc.
Location: North Las Vegas
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Maintenance Lead Overview Chelten House The Business Chelten House Products, Inc. is a fourth-generation, family-owned, food industry manufacturer, with facilities in New Jersey and Nevada, that is an industry leader known to be the total solution for food companies requiring private label, value-added quality sauces and dressings. Chelten House is widely recognized for its all natural and organic expertise and our commitment to creating and manufacturing the finest tasting pasta sauces, salad dressings, salsas, ketchups, mustards and host of other sauces and blends. We continually use the highest standards of Quality and Safety with the sole purpose of serving our customers with products that provide a value. Chelten House The People The Chelten House Team radiates our commitment to our customers, demonstrated in our dedication to high-quality service and to high-level team work. Every team member contributes to our success with their can-do" attitude, positive demeanor and their untiring work ethic to get the job done and get the job done well. We have a passion to be the best and actively demonstrating a genuine consideration for the work that we do, the customers we serve and the co-workers we work with every day. Our ultimate goal is to be the best business partner for everyone we come in contact with. Responsibilities Provide shift maintenance leadership to ensure maintenance activities are properly planned and executed in support of shift needs. This role will provide coordination of all work required including PM completion, CO execution, and WO completion. This individual will also act as a maintenance technician assisting all area mechanics, as needed. POSITION STATUS: This is an individual contributor role that will report to the Maintenance Manager. This role will act as the shift lead with no direct reports. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Good Planning and Organization Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills Verbal, Written, and Listening
- Delegating, Training, Coaching, and Checking
- Problem Analysis and Decision-Making Skills
- Interpersonal Skills, Patience, Able to Resolve Conflict
- Good Basic Math and Quantitative Skills
- Mechanical Aptitude and Knowledge of Machinery
- Working Knowledge of Electricity and Mechanics
- Knowledge of Food Manufacturing Processes; Good Manufacturing Practices; OSHA Regulations; Quality assurance and Sanitation Standards
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance activities on shift based on daily priorities.
- Ensure maintenance staff has all necessary work orders and assignments for the shift.
- Point of contact for significant issues on the shift who will need to determine what type of resolution is required. Communicate to higher level leadership if required
- Provide technical coaching, guidance, and expertise for issues that arise throughout the site
- Communicate with operations staff on status of jobs, breakdowns, and resource assignments
- Ensure all work orders are properly completed within CMMS system and provide feedback for work that needs to be rescheduled
- Provide input and focus on improving machine efficiencies through continuous improvement
- Provide input to maintenance planning and scheduling for equipment rebuilds and capital expenditures.
- Perform area audits, productivity and metric reviews and general performance and efficienty review of assigned areas.
- Ensure efficiency, effectiveness and process adherence for workflow between assigned department and other departments; will participate in cross-functional teams, in drafting and/or contributing to standard operating procedures and work instruction development; will audit workflow for adherence and continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned that will promote safety, teamwork, and/or company initiatives. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum (10) ten years mechanical and electrical maintenance experience in manufacturing.
- Experience in PLC, Instrumentation and Control.
- Experience in food manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum (5) years in a position of leadership or with assigned leadership responsibilities preferred.
- Experience with computer and software (Windows, Excel, Word, etc.) SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated skills of leadership, motivational, communicator, oriented, auto-motivated, problem finding-solving, task management, coaching and training.
- Eager to learn new processes, technology, and programs applicable to job requirements.
Keywords: Chelten House Products, Inc., North Las Vegas , Maintenance Lead, Professions , North Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!